In July1996, Portland Oregon was treated to a new concept of:
• Fund-Raising, and
• Team Building,
all for the benefit of a local NPO.
Downtown Portland’s Pioneer Square, “Portland’s Living Room”, was covered in sand, 13 company teams participated in a daylong competition to build the best sand sculpture.
That first year, Sand in the City® received:
• 30+ minutes of TV Coverage,
• Attracted crowds of 25,000, and
• Netted $13,000 for the NPO.
Sand in the City® has gone on to become a Signature Event wherever it goes. It often becomes the
• Largest Fund Raiser,
• Largest Publicity Generator, and the
• Largest Out Reach for new Members, Volunteers, and other friends of the organization.